Examples of common issues presented to the Office of the Ombudsman:
- My contract was foreshortened without giving any explanations. Is there anything that I can do to resolve it informally?
- I worked as a consultant and I submitted the final report but never got paid. I could not get any response from the office regarding the outstanding payment for travel and fees. Can you help?
- I have been a UN volunteer at this duty station for many years and was told that I cannot apply for a position here. Can you explain why?
- I am separated from the organization and have contacted the HR focal point several times and got no response on when I would get my repatriation grant. Can you help?
- My post was abolished and I would like to ask for your guidance relating to termination of contract and entitlements.
- I feel devastated and sad that my supervisor is disrespectful and harasses me on a daily basis. I have always worked very hard and cannot understand what has been going on. I absolutely do not want to raise this with my supervisor at this point, nor do I want anyone else to do so, but I would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with a professional in your field to determine whether I am right to be concerned. Please let me know if this will be possible.
- I would request guidance on how to deal with a difficult work situation in my office. Can I talk to you?
- I have a difficult staff member on my team who has been performing very poorly year after year. I gave guidance on how s/he could improve but s/he never followed my guidance. What would you suggest?
- I have been on sick leave for an extended period and I am not able to get an answer for my questions from neither the Medical Services, nor the HR.